Title: SERIES ET NOTITIA TROCENSIVM ABBATVM, ORDINIS S. BENEDICTI : ad conseruandum viridi & celebri recordatione Praedecessorum (aeuo succedente) decus.
Title in English: Series and List of the Abbots of Trakai of the Order of Saint Benedict: for the Preservation of Honour (for the Coming Ages) Through a Strong and Celebrated Memory of Ancestors.
Stanislovas Ščygielskis’ booklet “Trakų abatų eilė ir žinios apie juos...” describes the abbots of Trakai city, from the 1st to the 21st, Steponas Kobiežickis (1657-1667). After his death, he was succeeded by Ščygielskis. Apart from short biographies of the abbots and descriptions of their work for the monastery, the booklet also includes the announcement by Jurgis Tiškevičius, bishop of Samogitia, which describes the testament of Jonas Klockis’, donating for the foundation of Benedictine monastery of Pivašiūnai (written on 16 January 1634). It also includes the confirmation and extension by Sigismund I the Old of the privileges given to the Benedictine monks by Vytautas the Great (written on 24 November 1517). The booklet includes the text copied from the inscription on a plaque celebrating Vytautas the Great’s endowment, which at the time was bricked into the façade of the church, as well as plaque on the wall of the church, which bore testimony to the 1577 consecration. Neither of the plaques remain.
The booklet The Abbots of Trakai of the Order of Saint Benedict and Knowledge about Them by Stanislaus Sczygielski (1616–1687), a Benedictine monk from Senieji Trakai, provides 21 biographies of abbots from this monastery. It includes the privileges granted to the Benedictine monks of Senieji Trakai by the Grand Dukes of Lithuania Vytautas and Sigismund the Old in 1415, 1416, and 1517. There is also a document written by the Bishop of Samogitia Jerzy Tyszkiewicz on 16th June 1634 about a bequest in the testament of the Elder of Myadzyel Jan Klocki. The book also includes texts about the privileges and funds given to the Benedictines by Vytautas the Great and other rulers of Lithuania, and the 1577 consecration of the church. The texts are copied from the plates on the façade of the Senieji Trakai church.