Tymon Niesiołowski (1882–1965) – painter, graphic artist and educator, member of the artistic groups “Formistai” and "Ritmas”. During 1900-1904, he studied at the Krakow Academy of Visual Arts. Since 1903, he participated in exhibitions. In 1919, he organised a personal exhibition in Krakow and in 1923, 1925, 1935 and 1938 – in Warsaw. In 1926, he settled in Vilnius. Since 1937, he worked in the capacity of an associate professor at the Faculty of Fine Arts, Stefan Batory University in Vilnius. In 1945, the Niesolovskis family was repatriated by the so-called professors’ transport to Toruń. Here Timonas Niesolovskis began to work in the capacity of a professor at Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń. In 1926, Timonas Niesiolovskis moved to Vilnius, where he stayed up until 1945 and worked as the director of the School of Fine Crafts, was a lecturer and a professor at the Faculty of Arts of Stefan Batory University, a member of the Vilnius Society of Plastic Artists. During the difficult period of 1941-1944, he earned his living by drawing festive postcards, painting portraits and church paintings. During the battles in Vilnius in July 1944, his apartment was destroyed along with the majority of his works.
Reference: “Vilnius Art School and its traditions”, ed. J. Malinowski et al., Toruń/Vilnius, 1996,
p. 343; K. Niesiołowski’s article “Vilnietiškos lenkų lėlininkų šaknys”:
Menotyra, vol. 15, No 4, Vilnius: Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, 2008, p.